Friday, September 12, 2003

exciting day at the hospital

(i'm writing this at 4 in the afternoon, but my blog is silent for sept 11th so i'm delaying the posting until after midnight. )

i spent 3 hours at the hospital today for some tests. and at the time of the tests i was feeling okay but now it's striking back. i think all of that stuff they injected into my IV is attacking my system. i feel awwwful now.

i got there at like 10 and they sent me to radiology for my biliary scan. that was the most boring 2 hours i've spent since i got out of school. all i could do was lay on this table while this xray machine floated above my abdomen taking pictures for two hours. it was cold and uncomfortable and i couldn't figure out how to keep my arms on the table. they put an IV in and they injected two different things i guess to make the organs show up better on the images. the guy who did it was a Med Student and he was really nice. he went to UALR too. played baseball and now wants to be a radiologist.

after that i got to go to the lab to have some blood taken. because my right arm was tainted with whatever they injected, she had to take blood from my left arm. so i should have two lovely bruises tomorrow. theen, before i could leave they gave me two urine sample cups and said everytime i had to pee for the next two hours, i had to do it in that cup. so i got to go home and have lunch (finally! i was starving) and then i had to take back my piss cups later.

since i've been home i have been soooo sick. like worse than usual. i think it's a result of whatever was injected into me this morning. and i'm really tired. i feel like i've been stretched through a wringer.

i probably won't know the results until tomorrow or monday. then i have no idea what route we are going to take. whatever it is, as long as it makes me well again, i'm all for it.

new new new!

i'm going to start rearranging the layout of things this weekend probably. like links and stuff. my friend ryan has a blog now! he's even more opinionated than i am. it's linked over on the left right now (or i linked his name like i do almost everyone i name in this blog). you should check it out. it would make his day.

i have to order my john mayer tickets at 9am. i'm still very excited about it. i'm just too drained right now to express my excitement. more later though, i'm sure.

<3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home