Friday, September 19, 2003

employment opportunity

how does a 16 hour workday sound? just wonderful? great!

i had dinner with some old friends the other night and one of them asked if i would be interested in one of the positions he has open at a tv station. i am so hard up for cash (doing everything short of prostitution) i said sure. so monday i'm going by his office to check out the scenery. i want the 4p-midnight shift b/c that means i can keep my current job. of course i'll probably end up working 7:30a-3:30p and then 4-midnight. but i'll be making close to $34,000 a year. which would pay off my bills and i'll have enough money to make a car payment when that kicks in at the end of January.

i don't really use my time after work for useful things anyway. i just sit here in front of the computer or in front of the tv, both of which i will be doing at this new job. it's master control which is basically keeping the station on the air. i'll be working primetime which is exciting b/c that's the only time interesting things come on. of course it is the wb network so i'll have to set my vcr for things like Friends and other shows i want to watch this season. and i'll still have my weekends free to watch football or sleep or whatever. so how bad is that? not so bad if you ask me.

i am very lucky that this old friend didn't just write me off months ago. he's very generous to be offering me a job like this. i think he's very desperate for good people to work. i am GOOD PEOPLE DAMNIT!

i'm excited. moreso about the dollar signs flashing in front of my eyes than the 16 hour days, but when you're at this stage in life, you gotta do what you gotta do. and at least i'm not a hooker.

i still want a boyfriend though.


<3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home