Monday, April 26, 2004

attention mongers

This has been on my mind like all weekend, and for some reason more so today, and I thought since I have so many avid readers, maybe I could present it to you and someone could help solve this problem.

I have a friend who thinks he has fallen in love with this girl. Normally, I’d be supportive, but this girl treats him like crap. She has the weirdest mood swings where sometimes she’s sweet to him but the rest of the time she is the biggest bitch. She says the meanest things when he’s not around, and it seems to me that she’s just using him for the attention. Maybe b/c I’m not observing this relationship all the time, I’m missing something. Maybe I’m reading this all wrong! It’s just that from what I’ve seen so far, I’m not missing anything. He is so in love with her that he doesn’t accept the fact she’s using him.

I want to either smack her for being such an attention-starved bitch, or smack him for being so ignorant as to be blinded by her beauty.

And I’m not really saying this b/c I wish I was with him. It would be nice, but that’s just a bunch of drama I’m not interested in having in my life. I just care about certain people and I want to see them happy. Not miserable b/c Ms. Bitch hasn’t called him in a month.

Should I say something to him or her? Should I just keep my nose in my own business? If I did that though, I’d feel like I was not being a true friend to the guy. The girl could go fall off a cliff for all I care. She gets on my nerves anyway.

And even though this sounds like a familiar online relationship between two individuals some of you know, I promise you it’s not. The same advice would probably apply though.

There’s more to life than being in some chronic (meaning probable, incurable death) romantic relationship. Why do people feel the need to be attached to someone all the time? I have no desire to call anyone my boyfriend. I’m probably just as much of an attention monger as the next female, but I don’t really flip out when that attention goes away. Sure, I miss it right now. I don’t think I’d do anything different though. I just want to kiss him. What's the harm in that?

<3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home