Sunday, April 17, 2005

party on the patio!

I’m having to write this in ms word because something is wrong with the blogger servers tonight, so that’s why things are spelled correctly and the capitalization is mostly right. I thought I’d throw in that disclaimer so you don’t think I’ve gone all prim and proper on you ;)

Today was really fun, and not only because I was off from work (can’t you hear the angels singing?). we had a softball game this morning at 8:00 which was really rough, and we lost again, but this time only by 2 instead of 9 like last week (ouch!). for a losing effort, it was crazy fun. I got a double off of a miserable ground ball that I swear didn’t go past the pitcher. I don’t run that fast, it’s just that the team we were playing had trouble throwing the ball to the basemen or they tried to get someone else out first or something. Hell, honestly I have no idea how I got a double out of that. My second hit was awesome over the shortstop’s head….but it only resulted in a single. Oh well. I was the last batter of the game and I swear I was so dehydrated or low sugared or something I was shaking and I was ready for the game to be over with so I just hit a grounder to short and took my out in stride. I scored a run! Someone from the other team called me a slow runner. That kinda hurt my feelings, but it’s the truth. I can run for a long time at a slow pace! Marathons are in my future, not sprints.

Ross came over today too! And was such a lovely day we cruised around town (and into some crazy huge house new neighborhood off chenal @ Cantrell) and hit the mall and best buy and chilled out on the patio at on the border for a good two hours. Perfect night for margaritas outside! He brought me music like always, but I haven’t had a chance to listen to it. He and I talk about how it’s cool that we’ve been able to stay friends over the years even though we don’t see each other but like every few months. Since we both blog, it’s easier to keep up with him nowadays, but it’s just not the same unless we’re hanging out. If nothing else, I think ross will be the one that lives next door to me as we grow older. Although I think he’ll leave me if I keep teasing him about the color guard most valuable spinner award. He’s definitely the creative type…can’t even finish a thought before going onto something else. Maybe that’s why we get along so well, it’s like we’re spastic sometimes. I just feel like he gets me, and I get him. And we’ll live happily ever after.

I’m listening to Snow Patrol right now and it’s really good. Download the song called “chocolate.” I also highly recommend the newly released Jay-Z documentary “Fade to Black” which is his Madison square garden concert edited with the making of ‘the black album.’ You see like all the producers (pharrell, kanye, just blaze, rick rubin, timbaland) and Jay picking beats and rapping and the concert is just freakin awesome. I’ve watched this dvd I swear 4 times already…I’m obsessed. I can’t even get to my weekly television shows because I’m so itching to watch the concert. When that movie came out in theaters like right before Christmas, I was so hoping I could go see it. But now that I’ve watched it, I don’t think I could have sat in a theater seat. It makes me wanna dance!

Mikey went to Houston with the boys for some beach party thing. He keeps text messaging me about how awesome it is (apparently kanye and some other hip hop people I like are there). I decided when he left on Friday that I wasn’t going to bother him this weekend but he keeps bothering me. Maybe I’m missed? I was mad at him Thursday for deciding to go with them since I’m off this weekend. I really wanted to do something with him since the only time we have together is like the one hour blocks during the week. I need more time than that. It’s okay though. If he was here, then I wouldn’t have gotten to spend an awesome afternoon with ross and I probably would have ignored the other people who’ve called me this week. I wish I had time to see everyone! Maybe the next weekend I’m off, I can hook up with other people.

I’m back to not wanting to break up with him. That’s good right? I don’t think I ever really want to break up, I just get impatient and frustrated and that’s my solution to solving whatever problem there is. How grown up of me! That’s definitely my dad coming out there. He was always ready to take the quick out, no matter how painful. The end of this week was really good and since he’s trying to communicate with me while he’s on the beach with the boys (and who knows how many topless women), I feel a lot better about everything. I think he’s somehow managing to teach me patience. Forcing me is more like it. Rar…..i’m one of those sappy girls now. I think I might, in fact, love him *sniff*

Two weeks until beale street! Woo! have a great rainy day filled week! i'm going to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home