Sunday, April 06, 2003

how was your day, laurie?

oh i'm so glad you asked! let me tell you about my absolutely wonderful sunday.

i got up this morning expecting a normal day going to my mom's house and my grandmas. i threw some laundry in a plastic bin like i do every sunday and took it out to the car. i got in the car (mind you, this car is my pride and joy. the only thing that makes me wake up in the morning. it's my baby) and backed out of my parking spot. while i was backing out i hear this awful noise like something was stuck under the car.

so i turn the wheel back and expect to pull back into my parking spot. the car makes an even worse noise. i just throw it in park and get out to see what's going on. driver's side looks fine, so i go around to the passengers side. my front tire is completely off the axel and my back tire is kind of crooked. some stupid mother fucking fuckhead (pardon my language) stole ALL the lug nuts off the passenger side of my car. after further inspection, i realize all of the nuts are loose on the drivers side and 2 are missing. so of course i'm furious. this is like someone abusing my child when i was sleeping. i call my dad and he and my brother come over with new lugnuts. all of my neighbors came out to go somewhere else but my car was pretty much blocking the street so they offered to help and all.

luckily they did such a great job stealing so many that i wasn't cruising down the freeway at 70mph only to have a tire fly off and me probably land in the arkansas river to a watery grave. i am thankful in that sense, but i'm still mad as hell. if i ever find out who did this, i'll kill him/her. and i say this with the most sincere tone i can come up with. i will kill that person with a freakin tire jack because they hurt my baby.

my apartment complex has lately become infamous for being such a "safe" place to live. a Papa John's delivery man was beaten to death like 3 weeks ago. i witnessed someone beat a soda machine with a crowbar so they could steal the change from it last fall. and now this happens. i'm taking tomorrow off from work so i can go raise hell about it and get out of my lease. i can't afford to get alarm systems and security programs for every little item i own. it's cheaper to just move. and my mom insists i find a gated community or an apartment with a garage and an alarm system.

because i'm moving, i won't get to go to memphis in may to see my love, john mayer. just as well i guess since the friend i was going with bailed on me saturday. that makes me really sad though because i had an awesome hotel room right downtown and i NEVER remember to book a room early enough to get something downtown.

and if everything wasn't bad enough, i found out my favorite NBC reporter died today. David Bloom, following the military into baghdad, died of a blood clot. he was such a good reporter and he was so adorable and well i just loved watching him on tv. i want to cry about it, but i cried so much earlier today about my own misfortunes that i have no tears left.

i'm so afraid i'm going to wake up tomorrow and find my tires slashed or my windows broken or a big scratch in the paint. if that happens, then i'm killing myself. there's nothing left to live for if the whole world is obviously dead set in making me miserable.

listening to: avril "why should i care? you weren't there when i was scared, i was so alone."
shoes of choice: blue sketchers sneakers. it's raining--no choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home