Thursday, July 10, 2003

work

everyone at work has a problem with the Hick lady. she's incompitent, she's ignorant, she's annoying. all she does it gripe and complain about everything. and if you heard her talk, with her slow twang and deep manly voice, you'd probably hate her too.

so i guess you have to picture this. i'm the receptionist. my desk faces the front door and in front of my desk are two couches. the ladies in the office like to plop themselves on my couches and talk. they talk about everything. gripe about hick lady. hygene questions, sexual things, illness, injuries, etc. etc.

well somedays i don't mind it. and somedays i just wish i had my space. i work when i'm at work. sure i'll goof off a few minutes every now and then, but these ladies will sit there on the couch for an hour...two hours...griping and complaing or telling gross stories i don't want to hear. and i keep working! i have things to do! they probably have even more things to do!

i guess i'm jealous or something. my conscious keeps me from slacking off when i'm supposed to be working. and these people go nuts when they haven't finished their work at the end of the day. a part of me would love to scream "well if you didn't waste half your day sitting on the couch then there would be nothing to do!" but i say nothing. and when the stories get to be too much, or i just get where i don't care anymore, i leave *my* desk and go to another room to find some work to do.

that's my gripe for today. i'm sick of being the work horse. especially when i'm making the least amount of money in the whole office.

<3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home