Wednesday, May 14, 2003

ode to dawson's creek

oh dawson's creek...how you make me so sad at times.
how you make me cry, how you make me laugh, how you make me angry b/c joey obviously picked the wrong guy.

so sad because what will i watch on wednesday night now?
so sad because the fictional lives of those 4 (or 5, or 6, or 10 however many) characters somehow meshed together to form my dysfunctional life.
so sad because out of all the dysfunction, there was always hope.

hope that she'll get the guy.
hope that grams will live forever.
hope that even for the gay boy, there's plenty to go around.
hope that even I, Laurie, could achieve such happiness...
if i could only make it past the rough spots.

oh dawson's creek...you made my rough spots seem tiny.
that hour of television was the perfect escape from everyday life.
i could finally forget my awful job and my empty existance and my hopeless romantic endeavours.

now i've lost you, dawson's creek.
i can't figure out if i'm sad because i have to find a new escape route, or if because i'm now left to my own devices for daydreaming a better life for myself.

-----

or maybe it's a whole lot of other unrelated things that just haven't found their outlet until now. DC was a stimulus for my weekly emotional outpouring. i could cry and be miserable about everything that sucks right now and use the excuse of this fictional tv show to cover it up.

who knows.

<3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home