Saturday, June 05, 2004

the purpose of this thing


i've been reading more blogs lately. mostly b/c it seems like i have more people reading my blog (awesome!). a couple of them brought up the feeling of voyeurism that they get when they read other blogs. i can see how that would be, especially if you read mine.

once upon a time, i used to talk about issues in the world that i felt passionately about. politics, social issues, how screwed up arkansas is, how school was a waste of time, etc. and then it seemed like i was getting more feedback when i started airing my laundry here. which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

now it seems like the focus of this blog is me, myself and i. good ol' selfish Laurie. just the way i like it. i still go off on tangents when i read something that hacks me off, but lately i've become so self-absorbed i haven't written about anything (much less taken the time to read a magazine to fire me up).

this blog is like conversation with an invisible best friend. when something good happens, i'm going to come here and gush about it like a 14 yr old girl. when something bad happens, i'm going to come here and cry about it. and if you feel the need to respond, wonderful. it's just like my friend giving me feedback as if we were sitting in a coffee shop discussing this.

i live by myself and my best friend in the whole world lives a 16 hour road trip away! if you feel like you're peeping on me, don't worry about it. mi casa es su casa.

and now i've got to go get ready to play some softball. yup, i said play. they've weaseled me into participating instead of watching this weekend. rarr!!! i'm excited though.

oh! and i lost 5 lbs this week. *takes a bow*

<3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home